17 April 2009

Most women keep many beauty product and health product in the same place. Probably at the small cabinet in the bathroom or perhaps on the beauty table infront of the mirror.
A women, named Paula Griffin got sudden accident in their own house by her own mistaken. She mistaking eye drops to nail glue. She squirted it in her eye, and guess what happen? The blunder left her in agony and sealed her right eye shut. Relief only came eight hours later when doctors cut off her lashes and prised the eye open.

The glue could have caused permanent damage on her eye. It is used by beauty professionals to fix false nails and carries a warning that it bonds skin within seconds.
She said that she couldn't see very well, and then she stumbled into the bathroom and picked the bottle off the shelf. When it’s squeezed, something was wrong. It was really thick and gloopy, not like eye drops at all. It was agonising. It was burning so much it and natural instinct to shut her eye.

Back to normal? Yes, but with false eye-lashes

But by the afternoon she was still in great pain and the paraffin had made no progress so she went to an eye specialist at Bournemouth Hospital.

The doctors told her that she had three options left :
  1. leave it glued shut until it unglued itself naturally but would certainly cause more damage.
  2. keep trying to treat it with the paraffin
  3. have all my eyelashes cut off to force the eye open.
She had them cut straight off. It was horrible to have no eyelashes, but don't regret doing it. Miss Griffin, from Bournemouth, had to take a week off work and couldn't drive for a few days. She had a cut across her eyeball and now wears false eyelashes. She is still waiting to find out whether she has done any lasting damage.

Dr Simon Bell, consultant in emergency medicine at Poole Hospital, said: As long as the glue remains on the outside of the eye, the injury will be extremely painful but will only cause superficial damage. If it had gone into the middle of the eyeball, it is much more likely permanent damage would have been caused.

You can take a lesson from the story above :
  1. Separate your beauty products and health product whether it’s external medicine or oral medicine. Don’t put them all at the same place.
  2. Watch Carefully the label and the packaging. Don’t mistaking it.
  3. Always call emergency call or go straight the the emergency room if something really bad happen to you. It may be cause fatal damage if you don’t act soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search